What exactly is content marketing? Despite the fact that we are surrounded by it about 24 hours a day, most people find it difficult to define precisely what it is. We felt that Google would be a good place to start, so we Googled "what is content marketing." The definition we got is as follows:
There are a few important things to note when we deconstruct this definition:
- The objective is to "attract": Your content should serve as a magnet, pulling your target audience. Your company will begin drawing prospective leads and promoting itself as a market leader by providing intriguing, amusing, and/or useful content.
- It requires a "well specified and understood target audience": While attracting individuals is important, this definition emphasizes the importance of attracting the correct audience. To accomplish so, you must first identify your target audience. The more particular your objective may be, the better.
- The long-term goal is to "drive lucrative customer action": To drive customers and make a profit, you must clearly communicate to customers which action(s) you need them to take. Incorporate call-to-actions to promote certain habits.
- There is no reference of your service or product: Despite the fact that the long-term objective of content marketing is to lead to purchases of your service or product, this definition purposefully excludes any mention of it. Customers are constantly assaulted with marketing and have learned to tune it out. To grab their attention.
Why Content Marketing is So Successful?
There's been a significant change in customer behavior during the previous ten years. Consumers are reacting less to conventional marketing than ever before, owing to innovations like as DVRs and ad blockers. In reaction to this emerging trend, astute marketers are pivoting to non-traditional marketing. What distinguishes content marketing from typical promotional material is that it enables firms to showcase their expertise, as well as their goods, without coming off as unduly promotional.
Businesses may acquire new leads by providing content on issues that attract their target audience. Businesses have various options for converting these leads into customers after they connect with their content. Simply said, promoting content is not a valid tactic. Instead, businesses have evolved into media firms, producing unique content to address their audiences' queries, alleviate their pain points, boost website traffic, and, eventually, increase revenue.
Content Marketing Statistics
- Before prospective clients are ready to speak with a sales professional, they have completed 57% of the purchasing decision (CEB).
- Content marketing is used by 93% of B2B marketers (Business 2 Community).
- 57 percent of firms now have three or more content marketing professionals on staff (Contently).
7 Advantages of Content Marketing
- Positions Your Company As A Public Intellectual: Why should buyers select your company from one of your competing companies? One reason is that you are an industry expert. This is why businesses have blogs, guest writes for leading news sites, and CEOs seek speaking engagements. All of these factors contribute to the person's or business's standing as an authority, which leads to trust. Content marketing is an excellent approach to educating people while demonstrating that you are an expert who can be trusted.
- New Leads: Consider your content to be a massive magnet. When properly written, it will begin to attract prospective clients (new leads). The relevancy of your material is a crucial consideration. You are losing your effort if your content attracts incorrect leads.
- Increase Your Social Media Followers: Social media and content marketing are a perfect mix. You create your material and then disseminate it over social media. The leads you generate with your material will ideally begin to follow you on social networks. The advantage is obvious: people will continue to view your fresh material when you share it on social media.
- Enhances Search Engine Optimization: Each month, Americans undertake 20,000,000,000 searches. Obviously, search results will play a significant influence on your company's visibility on the internet. Search engine optimization is the practice of increasing the popularity of a web page in the unpaid results of a search engine. SEO relies heavily on content marketing. By providing material relevant to your sector, you enhance the likelihood of a web browser displaying your material to searchers.
- Increases your Sales: Yes, it can generate revenue. The advantages outlined above should demonstrate how a well-executed content marketing plan can and will enhance revenue.
- Less Expensive Than Traditional Advertising: Digital marketing, particularly content marketing, is much less expensive than traditional advertising and creates significantly more leads.
- Assists in Recruitment Top Talent: More than 90% of hiring professionals want to utilize social media to assist them to acquire top talent. Social media content marketing is an excellent technique to acquire top talent. We've had numerous job searchers contact us as a result of the information we've created.